Curriers' Company Charitable Fund
Charity and education are amongst the main pillars of the Company’s activities.
Charitable giving from the Company's main Charitable Fund is focused on welfare and education in the leather industry and the communities of London. In addition, the Company's Millennium Trust supports Primary Healthcare professionals in London.
Many Company members also offer their personal involvement and support to the various charities who receive Curriers' Company grants. This personal involvement in a variety of activities is much valued by the organisations receiving it.
City of London
The Curriers’ Company Charitable Fund supports charitable activity and institutions across a broad spectrum of activity in the City of London. Donations are made to a number of charities and organisations, which include:
In the field of education the Curriers support enterprise and educational activity by donating to the following organisations:
- The London College of Fashion, which runs diploma and degree courses in Leathercraft, Design and Technology (two awards: the Curriers’ Award for Excellence in Leather Craft and the London College of Fashion Placement Bursary)
- Capel Manor College, Enfield, which runs courses in saddlery and bridlery (via City & Guilds)
- The Institute for Creative Leather Technologies at the University of Northampton, (MSc Bursary)
- Aerodrome Primary Academy
- Croydon Oasis Academies (Book Prizes)
Additionally in education the Trustees established the Curriers’ Company London History Essay Prize for academic research into the history of London.
In keeping with the roots of the Curriers, the Curriers' Company also supports:
Other supported projects and charities
The following charities have been introduced by Liverymen who have been involved with them:
- REACT - Rapid Effective Assistance for Children with potentially Terminal illnesses.
- The MANNA Society - running a Day Centre for homeless people near London Bridge.
- LEAP - helping young people to develop the skills, behaviours and attitudes needed to succeed in the careers of their choosing.
- Tower Hamlets Youth Sport Federation - providing outstanding opportunities and support for young people in Tower Hamlets to reach their potential, realise their ambitions and develop personally through sport.
- Pembroke House - a multi-use community space in Walworth, south east London.